On this website we only use Google Analytics and anonymized IP-addresses, so we can only see how people are using the website. We also disabled tracking for all YouTube video-content that is visible on this website. Visiting our website will not store or track any personal data.
We do offer live-battles which show players in servers with their chosen nickname from their BAR-player-account. Games played online are also stored as downloadable replays.
BAR lobby server
The Statement of Privacy below applies to the official Beyond All Reason (BAR) lobby server as hosted under https://server2.beyondallreason.info. Under the GDPR, we're required to notify you about the legal basis on which we process User Personal Information. When registering an account and playing Beyond All Reason, some identifying information is stored on the server database. This document serves as a notice about what data is collected, what part of it is public/visible to admins and how it is handled.
Information we collect
- Client hardware specification
- User aliases used in the past on official battlerooms (history of renames)
- Country flag (based on IP address, possible to be hidden optionally)
- TrueSkill rating (Wikipedia)
- Player rank/level based on in-game time
- Chat logs from public lobby chat channels
- History of game matches played online in non-private battlerooms (including the full setup, results, in-game actions over time, and chat including in-game messages)
Non-public data, visible to accounts with sufficient privilages (admin):
- Email address
- IP address
- Game lobby client used
- Login dates and a log of actions taken while being online
- History of moderator/administrator action concerning the account
- History of abuse reports (both filed and received by the user)
- Direct messages
- Website logs (containing browser User-Agent strings, IP addresses and pages visited)
Not visible to anyone (stored as a one-way hashed representation):
How we use your information
The information we collect is necessary for the functionality of the following services:
- In-game lobby client with all its functionality
- Replay browser as seen at https://beyondallreason.info/replays
- Active battles viewer as seen at https://beyondallreason.info/active-battles
- Leaderboards as seen at https://beyondallreason.info/leaderboards
The collected information is also used for moderation and analytical purposes, supporting the game development and tuning.
Deleting your information
You can request the deletion of your Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children Data Protection
We care about protection for children on the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Beyond All Reason does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website or servers, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
The entire source code for this server is available on Github.