Engine Update 1764
Our ever growing dev-team have released a new engine today.
If anything breaks after this release for you, please let us know! Below you can find a concise summary of information that's relevant to players & developers:
- Engine is now called Recoil ivand
- Performance improvements in simulation mostly around pathing Tarnished Knight
- A number of minor pathing bugs fixed Tarnished Knight
- Units respond to formation move commands better: units will move into formation faster, with less walking across each other's paths. Tarnished Knight
- Fixed bug AMD GPU saw incorrect units under construction ivand
- Better shadow performance via more accurate culling badosu & ivand
- Units will now give consideration to selecting targets in front of their weapons when choosing new targets. Can reduce average unit aim time. Helpful when fighting swarms or when flanked.
- Better Profiling Support Tracy Profiler Marek
- Better Engine documentation badosu
- Initial support for skinning animations ivand
- AI improvements, better configurability lamer
- Unit weapons can now be marked for fast auto-retargeting which allows the weapon to retarget faster when its current target is destroyed. Useful for rapid fire weapons