Engine Update 966
Coming hot with the new engine update to make your game even more awesome
- Ground restore command now works correctly when using the map_waterlevel mod option.
- Aircraft should now be able to fly at the correct height around terrain that has been significantly deformed.
- Further background work on key binds via scancodes for better (future) customization of keybinds
- Various behind the scenes engine improvements
- Grass is no longer drawn where buildings are placed
- Prep-work for new GL4 decal rendering (for much better performing ground scarring)
- Lua can now build pairs of texture atlases, e.g. pairs of diffuse and normal maps for multiple decals.
- Hover units are no longer forced to be upright regardless on the terrain slope they are travelling over. To keep this behaviour with hover units, set upright = true in the appropriate Unit Defs.
- The Smooth Height Mesh can now be disabled with a mod rule system.enableSmoothMesh = false
- New function, Spring.AddUnitExperience(unitID, delta_xp). Can be used to subtract XP, but the unit's total XP cannot be reduced below zero.
- /keydump now returns well-ordered output- Scancodes work with engine actions, e.g. bind sc_z buildunit_armlab
- Fix KeyChains being triggered on improper keypresses (most users never used it anyway)
- Fix /keydebug printed char labels (for power users that customize uikeys)
- Fix duplicate bound actions with distinct comments, e.g. bind z something // differences here duplicate action bindings
- "$explosions" and "$groundfx" accepted by gl.GetEngineAtlasTextures
- removed LOD unit rendering (far 2d billboards) including /distdraw command and UnitLodDist springconfig entry